Getting competitive private medical insurance quotes
You don’t have to compromise on cover or quality to reduce the cost of your private medical insurance quotes. There are several steps you can take to get cheaper insurance cover while still retaining the same levels of protection:
- Shared risk policies: These do not pay for your treatment in full, but pay an agreed percentage of the cost. With some policies, there is a maximum that you have to pay, after which the insurance company pays in full.
- Increased policy excess: You can cut your private medical insurance quotes by agreeing to pay for the first few hundred pounds of each claim. The greater the agreed excess, the lower the premium.
- Agree a waiting period: If speed of treatment is the most important to you, you can arrange cover that only comes into play if the NHS cannot offer treatment within a certain timeframe, usually around six weeks.
- Change the way you pay: Many policies will offer reduced prices for a single lump sum payment, or conversely, charge interest on premiums spread over a year in monthly payments. When getting health insurance quotes, always ask which is the cheapest way to pay.
Want to lower your medical insurance quotes?
Naturally, the less extensive your cover, the lower the cost of your private medical insurance quotes, so it is worth considering exactly what cover you need and what you could live without. This will depend on the quality and speed of your local NHS services.
- Cover what concerns you: For some people, heart and cancer cover is enough to provide peace of mind. For others, the hospital stay is the most important factor. Most companies offer a range of policies tailored to meet your exact requirements.
- Reduce your options: The less choice you are prepared to have regarding consultants and hospital locations, the cheaper your private medical insurance quotes will be. If your local private hospital is covered, perhaps you don’t need nationwide access.
Stay healthy for the best medical insurance quotes
As with most insurance, private medical insurance quotes are risk based, so the better care you take over your health, the lower your premium will be. Many policies also have a no claims bonus, so if you continue to keep yourself fit and healthy, your private medical insurance quotes will stay low.
Eating a balanced, healthy diet and taking regular exercise can go a long way to improving your health. Stopping smoking and only drinking in moderation will also help.
Shop around for private medical insurance
The best way to reduce your private medical insurance quotes is to shop around for the best deal. You can do this yourself by comparing private medical insurance quotes online, or you can use a broker to do the comparisons for you. As an independent insurance broker, Health Insurance Solutions can search through hundreds of private medical insurance quotes on your behalf to find you the very best combination of cover and cost.